on frame across bottom: IESUS.XRS [Christus].EMANUEL.ADONAI.SABAI [Saddai].ELOI.SABOT [Sabaoth]
Leopoldo Nomi, San Gimignano; Teresa Nomi Pesciolini, San Gimignano; sold 1923 to (Professor Luigi Grassi [1858-1937], Florence); Achille De Clemente, Florence; Alfredo Barsanti, Rome [d. 1946], from 1928; by inheritance to his daughter, Adele Barsanti Mericci, Rome; purchased 1952 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1961 to NGA.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection Acquired by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation 1951-56. Introduction by John Walker, text by William E. Suida and Fern Rusk Shapley. National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1956: 232, no. 93, repro., as by Giovanni di Turino.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 398, repro., as by Giovanni di Turino.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 158, as by Giovanni di Turino.
- National Gallery of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. Washington, 1968: 140, repro., as by Giovanni di Turino.
- Middeldorf, Ulrich. Sculptures from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: European Schools XIV-XIX Century. London, 1976: 15.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 102, repro.
- Edmonds, Penelope. "A Technical Examination, Investigation, and Treatment of a Fifteenth-Century Sienese Polychrome Terra-Cotta Relief." Studies in the History of Art 57 (1997): 67-91, repro. no. 1.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: