Jacques-Victor, comte de la Béraudière [1808-1884], château de Bouzillé, near Angers, France; by inheritance to his son, comte de la Béraudière, château de Bouzillé; his widow, Marie-Thérèse, comtesse de la Béraudière, Paris; (her sale, American Art Association, New York, 11-13 December 1930, 1st day, no. 9); purchased by (H.E. Russell) for Chester Dale [1883-1962], New York; bequest 1963 to NGA.
- Eighteenth and Nineteenth Century Paintings & Sculpture of the French School in the Chester Dale Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 24, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 16.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 9, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 32, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 51, repro.
- Eitner, Lorenz. French Paintings of the Nineteenth Century, Part I: Before Impressionism. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 2000: 13-16, color repro.