René de Gas, brother of the artist, Paris; (his sale, Hôtel Drouot, Paris, 10 November 1927, no. 96); purchased by (Galerie Georges Petit, Paris). (Wildenstein & Co., London, New York, and Paris, France) by 1934; sold 1943 to Chester Dale [1882-1962], New York; bequest 1963 to NGA.
- Degas, Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University, Boston, 1931, no. 4.
- Degas, Marie Harriman Gallery, New York, 1934, no. 14.
- Paintings by Renoir and Degas, Art Gallery of Toronto, October 1934, no. 28.
- Independent Painters of Nineteenth Century Paris, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1935, no. 9.
- Paintings by Impressionists and Post-Impressionists, Toledo Museum of Art, 1937, no. 8.
- Loan, Colorado Springs
- The Chester Dale Bequest, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1965, unnumbered checklist.
- From Impressionism to Modernism: The Chester Dale Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, January 2010-January 2012, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Lemoisne, Paul André. Degas et son oeuvre. 4 vols. Paris, 1946-1949.
- Boggs, Jean Sutherland. Portraits by Degas. University of California, 1962, 33.
- Eighteenth and Nineteenth Century Paintings & Sculpture of the French School in the Chester Dale Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 74, repro.
- Frankfurter, Alfred. "How Great is the Dale Collection?" Art News 64 (May 1965):40-43, 51-53, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 39.
- National Gallery of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. Washington, 1968: 32, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 96, repro.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 474, no. 700, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 119, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: