lower right: forain / 1926
(Spring Salon, Paris, 16 May 1926, no. 487); purchased by Chester Dale [1882-1962], New York; bequest 1963 to NGA.
Associated NamesDale, Chester
- Loan Exhibition of Modern French Art from the Chester Dale Collection for the Benefit of the French Hospital of New York, Wildenstein Galleries, New York, 1928, no. 7
- Degas and His Tradition, Museum of French Art, New York, 1931, no. 23
- Exhibition of Paintings J.L. Forain, Durand-Ruel Galleries, New York, 1936, no. 1
- The Chester Dale Bequest, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1965, unnumbered checklist.
- Dale, Maud. Before Manet to Modigliani from the Chester Dale Collection. New York, 1929: no. 55, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 51.
- Twentieth Century French Paintings & Sculpture of the French School in the Chester Dale Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965 (rev. ed.): 32, repro.
- National Gallery of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. Washington, 1968: 43, repro.
- Wasell, Nancy Michelle. Jean Louis Forain, the Painter. M.A. Thesis, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1969:59, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 130, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 156, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: