Henry Charles Keith Petty-Fitzmaurice, 5th marquess of Lansdowne [1845-1927], Bowood Hall, Wiltshire, England, by 1897; by inheritance to Henry William Edmund Petty-Fitzmaurice, 6th marquess of Lansdowne [1872-1936], Bowood Hall; (Lansdowne sale, Christie's, London, 7 March 1930, no. 16); purchased by Joseph. (James P. Silo, New York); sold 25 October 1930 to Chester Dale [1883-1962], New York; bequest 1963 to NGA.
- Renoir and His Tradition, Museum of French Art, New York, 1931, no. 7.
- State Fair of Texas, Dallas, 1933, no. 28, as Young Girl.
- The Chester Dale Bequest, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1965, unnumbered checklist.
- Ambrose, George E. Catalogue of the Collection of Pictures belonging to the Marquess of Landsdown, K.G., at Lansdown House, London and Bowood, Wilts. London, 1897: no. 332 as Les Epaules de ma soeur by Unknown Artist.
- Eighteenth and Nineteenth Century Paintings & Sculpture of the French School in the Chester Dale Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 26, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 56.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 49, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 148, repro.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 418, no. 597, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 172, repro.
- Eitner, Lorenz. French Paintings of the Nineteenth Century, Part I: Before Impressionism. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 2000: 355-357, repro.