upper left: 1873; upper right: J J HENNER
Private collection, Paris, until 1931. (Raphael Gerard, Paris) in 1932. (Besnard sale, Hôtel Drouot, Paris, March 1933); purchased by (Etienne Bignou, Paris) for Chester Dale, New York; bequest 1963 to NGA.
Associated NamesBignou, Etienne
Private Collection, Paris
- The Chester Dale Bequest, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1965, unnumbered checklist.
- Eighteenth and Nineteenth Century Paintings & Sculpture of the French School in the Chester Dale Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 56, repro.
- Frankfurter, Alfred. "How Great is the Dale Collection?" Art News 64 (May 1965):40-43, 51-53, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 67.
- National Gallery of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. Washington, 1968: 59, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 172, repro.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 532, no. 800, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 200, repro.
- Bailey, Colin B. Renoir's Portraits: Impressions of an age.Yale University Press New Haven and London, in association with National Gallery of Canada Ottawa, 1997,no.245,repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: