Commissioned by the sitter; (sale, Galerie Georges Petit, Paris, 23 October 1925); purchased by Chester Dale, New York; bequest 1963 to NGA.
Associated NamesDale, Chester
Galerie Georges Petit
- 100 Years of French Portraits from the Chester Dale Collection, Museum of French Art, New York, 1928, no. 11
- The Chester Dale Bequest, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1965, unnumbered checklist.
- Dale, Maud. Before Manet to Modigliani from the Chester Dale Collection. New York, 1929: no. 17, repro.
- Eighteenth and Nineteenth Century Paintings & Sculpture of the French School in the Chester Dale Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 57, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 67.
- National Gallery of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. Washington, 1968: 59, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 174, repro.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 532, no. 801, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 200, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: