upper left: -PETRVS MANACH-; lower right: Picasso
The sitter [killed during the Spanish Civil War, 1936-1939]; passed at his death to his widow Señora Mañach, Barcelona. (Pierre Matisse Gallery, New York), by 6 June 1952; sold 24 April 1954 to Chester Dale [1883-1962], New York; bequest 1963 to NGA.
- Exposition De Tableaux De F. Iturrino et de P.-R. Picasso, Galerie Vollard, Paris, 1901, no. 3.
- French Painting, David to Cézanne, Norton Gallery, West Palm Beach, 1953.
- The Chester Dale Bequest, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1965, unnumbered checklist.
- Aspects of Twentieth-Century Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1978-1979, no. 1, repro.
- Picasso: The Early Years, 1892-1906, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1997-1998, no. 59, color repro., as Portrait of Pere Mañach (shown only in Washington).
- From Impressionism to Modernism: The Chester Dale Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, January 2010-January 2012, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Zervos, Christian. Pablo Picasso. 33 vols. Paris, 1932-1978: 6(1954): no. 1459, pl. 174.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 101.
- Twentieth Century French Paintings & Sculpture of the French School in the Chester Dale Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965 (rev. ed.): 68, repro.
- National Gallery of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. Washington, 1968: 89, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 264, repro.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 602, no. 937, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 305, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: