lower right in monogram: AS
Possibly (Valadon Boussod et Cie., Paris and New York). possibly (Scott and Fowles, New York). possibly Henry Sayles, Boston; possibly (his sale, American Art Association, New York, 23 January 1926, no. 123); purchased 1926, possibly at Sayles sale, by Chester Dale [1883-1962], New York; bequest 1963 to NGA.
- The Chester Dale Bequest, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1965, unnumbered checklist.
- Dale, Maud. Before Manet to Modigliani from the Chester Dale Collection. New York, 1929: no. 16, repro., as Portrait of a Young Woman.
- MacNeil, Neil. "Chester Dale: Collector." McCalls (November 1963): 122, repro.
- Eighteenth and Nineteenth Century Paintings & Sculpture of the French School in the Chester Dale Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 60, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 125.
- National Gallery of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. Washington, 1968: 111, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 332, repro.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 532, no. 803, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 381, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: