lower left in rectangle, superimposed on triangle: RANGER; in points of triangle: N A D
Purchased from the artist by George S. Palmer, New London, Connecticut; consigned by (Milch Galleries, New York) to (sale, American Art Galleries, New York, 23 January 1926, no. 74); Chester Dale [1883-1962], New York; bequest 1963 to NGA.
- Exhibition of Paintings by American Impressionists and Other Artists of the Period 1880-1900, Brooklyn Museum of Art, 1932, no. 68.
- An Exhibition of American Paintings from the Chester Dale Collection, The Union League Club, New York, 1937, no. 38.
- Paintings from the Chester Dale Collection, Philadelphia Museum of Art, 1943-1951, unnumbered cat., repro.
- Earle, Helen. Biographical Sketches of American Artists. Lansing, Michigan, 1924: 261.
- Paintings from the Chester Dale Collection. Philadelphia, 1943:, unpaginated, repro.
- Paintings other than French in the Chester Dale Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 45, repro.
- American Paintings and Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970: 92, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 215, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 270, repro.
- Torchia, Robert Wilson, with Deborah Chotner and Ellen G. Miles. American Paintings of the Nineteenth Century, Part II. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1998: 87-89, color repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: