Niccolò d'Attimis, Conte Maniago, Spilimbergo (near Udine in Friuli); purchased 1916 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); on approval to Carl W. Hamilton [1886-1967], New York, by 1920, and returned 1921; sold 1937 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1939 to NGA.
- Loan Exhibition of Important Early Italian Paintings in the Possession of Notable American Collectors, Duveen Brothers, New York, 1924, no. 47 (no. 44 in illustrated 1926 version of catalogue).
- Exhibition of Italian Renaissance Art, Wadsworth Atheneum and Morgan Memorial, Hartford, 1932, no. 8.
- Byzantium: Faith and Power (1261-1557), The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 2004, no. 306, repro., as Icon of the Virgin and Child.
- Duveen Brothers. Duveen Pictures in Public Collections of America. New York, 1941: no. 80, repro.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 21, no. 445.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 248, repro. 70.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1945 (reprinted 1947, 1949): 90, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 12.
- National Gallery of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. Washington, 1968: 4, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XV-XVI Century. London, 1968: 39, fig. 94.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 20, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: 1:56-57; 2:pl. 32.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 40, repro.
- Boskovits, Miklós, and David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 2003: 56-59, color repro.