lower left: Geo. Baer / Colomb / Bechar 27
The artist; gift June 1929 to Maud Dale [Mrs. Chester Dale, 1875-1953], New York; her husband, Chester Dale [1883-1962], New York; his estate; bequest 1964 to NGA.
- Exposition Martin & George Baer: Peintures des Frères Baer, Galerie Jeune Peinture, Paris, 1928.
- Paintings of North Africa and The Grand Sahara Desert by Martin Baer, George Baer, Newhouse Galleries, New York; Newhouse Galleries, Saint Louis; Newhouse-Dalzell Hatfield Galleries, Los Angeles, 1929, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
Exhibition History Notes
 The catalogue for the exibition appears to have been The Art of Martin Baer, George Baer, Appreciations by C.J. Bulliet, Charles Fegdal, Georges Rémon, and Pierre Very, published by Newhouse Galleries, New York, 1928.
 The information about this exhibition was located in the vertical files of the Smithsonian American Art Museum and National Portrait Gallery Library, and was produced by the Oakland Museum; copy in NGA curatorial files. The catalogue has not yet been located.
- Bulliet, C.J., et al. The Art of Martin Baer, George Baer. Exh. cat. Newhouse Galleries, New York, 1928: unnumbered, repro. (as "Mashouba, Colomb-Bechar, Afrique").
- American Paintings and Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970: 14, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 23, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 23, repro.