lower right: a derain
(Paul Guillaume [1891-1934], Paris). Ailsa Mellon Bruce [1901-1969], New York; bequest 1970 to NGA.
- Extended loan for use by Justice William Rehnquist, The Supreme Court of the United States, Washington, D.C., 1987-1997.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Richard Riley, U.S. Department of Education, Washington, D.C., 2000-2001.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Henry M. Paulson, U.S. Department of Treasury, Washington, D.C., 2006-2009.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 104, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 127, repro.
- Kellermann, Michel. André Derain: Catalogue Raisonné de l'oeuvre peint. 2 vols. Paris, 1992-1996. II:554, repro.