lower left: Juin 1881
Sir Victor Schuster [1885-1962], London, by 1942. Capt. Edward H. Molyneux [1891-1974], Paris, by 1952; sold 15 August 1955 to Ailsa Mellon Bruce, New York; bequest 1970 to NGA.
- Nineteenth Century French Paintings, National Gallery of Art, London, 1943, no. 25, as by Manet
- French Paintings from the Molyneux Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1952, unnumbered checklist, as by Edouard Manet.
- French Paintings of the Nineteenth Century from the Collection of Mrs. Mellon Bruce, California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco, 1961, no. 25, repro
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 212, repro., as Manner of Manet.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 247, repro.