lower right: Moret; falsely lower left: P. Go
(Ambroise Vollard [1867-1939], Paris), by 1905; Madame de Galéa. (Sam Salz, Inc., New York); sold 9 June 1954 to Ailsa Mellon Bruce [1901-1969], New York; bequest 1970 to NGA.
- Paul Gauguin, The Society of the Four Arts, Palm Beach, 1956, no. 8, as Paysage de Bretagne by Gauguin.
- Pictures Collected by Yale Alumni, Yale University Art Gallery, New Haven, 1956, no. 91, repro.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary George P. Shultz, U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C., 1985-1989.
- Extended loan for use by The Supreme Court of the United States, Washington, D.C., 1989-1996.
- Around Impressionism: French Paintings from the National Gallery of Art, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 1999, no cat.
- Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art, Washington, Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art; Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, 1999, no. 59, repro.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Henry M. Paulson, U.S. Department of Treasury, Washington, D.C., 2006-2009.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 246, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 284, repro.