François Gauzi [1862-1933], Toulouse; his estate, at least until 1935. (Durand-Matthiesen, Geneva, by 1951). Capt. Edward H. Molyneux [1891-1974], Paris, by 1952; sold 1955 to Ailsa Mellon Bruce [1901-1969], New York; bequest 1970 to NGA.
- Toulouse-Lautrec, Matthiesen Gallery, London, 1951, no. 4
- French Paintings from the Molyneux Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1952, unnumbered checklist.
- Hampton National Historic Site, Towson, MD, May - October 1956
- French Paintings of the Nineteenth Century from the Collection of Mrs. Mellon Bruce, California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco, 1961, no. 61, repro
- French Paintings from the Collections of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon and Mrs. Mellon Bruce, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1966, no. 148, repro
- Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art, Washington, Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art; Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, 1999, no. 62, repro.
- Toulouse-Lautrec: Uno sguardo dentro la vita, Complesso del Vittoriano, Rome, 2003-2004, no. I.5, repro.
- Impressionist and Post-Impressionist Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art, The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; The National Art Center, Tokyo; Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art, 2011, no. 50, repro.
- Toulouse-Lautrec: Paris & the Moulin Rouge, National Gallery of Australia, Canberra, 2012-2013, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Intimate Impressionism from the National Gallery of Art, Museo dell'Ara Pacis Augustae, Rome (exhibition title in this venue: Impressionist Gems); California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco; McNay Art Museum, San Antonio; Mitsubishi Ichigokan Museum, Tokyo, Seattle Art Museum, 2013-2016.
- Toulouse-Lautrec: Resolutely Modern, Galeries nationales du Grand Palais, Paris, 2019-2020.
- Dortu, M.G. Toulouse-Lautrec et son oeuvre. 6 vols. New York, 1971:II:P244, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 352, repro.
- Small French Paintings from the Bequest of Ailsa Mellon Bruce. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1978: 82, repro. (continuing exhibition beginning in 1978).
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 529, no. 796, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 402, repro.