lower left: Lamar Dodd / 1944
Anonymous gift 1971 to NGA.
- Annual Exhibition of Contemporary American Paintings, John Herron Art Institute, Indianapolis, March-April 1944, no. 16.
- Painting in the United States, 1944, Carnegie Institute, Pittsburgh, October-December 1944, no. 50, repro.
- Grand Central Art Galleries, New York, 1945.
- Loan for display with permanent exhibition, Georgia Museum of Art, University of Georgia, Athens, 1945-1970 [except for periods of loan to special exhibitions].
- [Lamar Dodd exhibition], travelling exhibition, 1950-1951.
- Lamar Dodd: A Retrospective Exhibition, High Museum of Art, Atlanta; Georgia Museum of Art, University of Georgia, Athens, 1970-1971, no. 22, repro.
- Extended loan for use by The Supreme Court of the United States, Washington, D.C., 1972-1973.
- Extended loan for use by the Speaker of the House, U.S. House of Representatives, Washington, D.C., 1973-1976.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Patricia Roberts Harris, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Washington, D.C., 1977-1979.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Clayton Yeutter, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Washington, D.C., 1989-1991.
- A Shared Vision: The Life and Art of Lamar Dodd, Lamar Dodd Art Center, LaGrange, Georgia, 1996, no 57.
- American Light: Selections from the National Gallery of Art, Art Museum of Western Virginia, Roanoke, 1998, no catalogue.
- "Dodd: An Athens Portfolio." Athens 2, no. 4 (Fall 1970): 23, repro.
- Elsen, Patricia, ed. "College Museum Notes." Art Journal 31, no. 1 (1971): 85, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 143, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 159, repro.
- Thomas, Frances Taliaferro. A Portrait of Historic Athens and Clarke County. Athens, Ga, 1992: 190-191, repro.
- Vigtel, Gudmund. 100 Years of Painting in Georgia. Atlanta, 1992: 40, repro. 41.