pasted to mount at lower left, in black ink by later hand: S. Vouet.; on mount at lower right, in graphite by later hand: TB 89
Marks and Labels
(Sale, London, Sotheby's, 23 March 1971, lot 107); (Yvonne Tan Bunzl); purchased by NGA, 1971.
Associated Namestan Bunzl, Yvonne, Ms.
- French Master Drawings of the 17th & 18th centuries in North American Collections, Art Gallery of Ontario, Toronto, Canada; National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa; California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco; and the New York City Cultural Center, 1972-1973, no. 149, ill. p. 98, pl. II.
- Recent Acquisitions and Promised Gifts: Sculpture, Drawings, Prints, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1974. no. 52 (as Rachel and the Idols).
- Master Drawings from the Collection of the National Gallery of Art and Promised Gifts, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1978, p. 67 (as Rachel Carrying the Idols).
- From Fontainebleau to the Louvre: French Drawing from the Seventeenth Century, Cleveland Museum of Art; Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, MA; and National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa, 1989-1990, no. 58 in Cleveland catalogue (as Creusa Fleeing Troy).
- Renaissance to Revolution: French Drawings from the National Gallery of Art, 1500-1800. National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 2009-2010, 52-53, 277, no. 17 (color).
- Brejon de Lavergnée, Barbara. Dessins de Simon Vouet: 1590-1649. Musée du Louvre, Paris, 1987: 127, no. XCIX.
- McCullagh, Suzanne. "Cleveland, Cambridge, and Ottawa: Seventeenth-Century French drawings." The Burlington Magazine 132 (1990): 234-235.
- Rosenberg, Pierre. "Review of From Fontainebleau to the Louvre: French Drawing from the Seventeenth Century." Master Drawings XXVIII (1990): 432-433.
- The Burlington Magazine 132 (1990): 79, repro.
- Martinez, Benjamin and Jacqueline Block. Visual Forces: An Introduction to Design. 2nd edition, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1995: 131, fig. B.
- Stein, Perrin. "French Drawings, Washington," The Burlington Magazine 102 (January 2010): 67.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: