lower right: RALSTON / CRAWFORD '45
Burton G. [1902-1991] and Emily Hall [1908-1987] Tremaine, Madison, Connecticut; gift 1971 to NGA.
- Selected American Paintings from the National Gallery of Art, University Center Gallery, University of Tennessee, Chattanooga, 1974, no catalogue.
- Inaugural Exhibition, The Community Art Gallery, Santa Fe Community College, Gainesville, Florida, 1978.
- Ralston Crawford, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York; Phillips Collection, Washington, D.C.; Portland (Oregon) Art Museum; Akron Art Museum; Grand Rapids Art Museum, 1986-1987, no. 63, repro. and cover.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Pickering, U.S. Embassy residence, Moscow, Russia, 1993-1996.
- Hitchcock and Art: Fatal Coincidences, The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts; Musée national d'art moderne, Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris, 2000-2001, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Painting in the United States, Westmoreland Museum of American Art, Greensburg, Pennsylvania, 2008, no. 46, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 140, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 154, repro.