lower left: Hartung 52
Acquired 1953 from the artist by Burton G. [1902-1991] and Emily Hall [1908-1987] Tremaine, Madison, Connecticut; gift 1971 to NGA.
Associated NamesTremaine, Sr., Burton G., Mr. and Mrs.
- Painting Toward Architecture [The Miller Company Collection of Abstract Art], Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford, followed by a tour of 24 venues, 1947-1949.
- Extended loan for use by The Supreme Court of the United States, Washington, D.C., 1976-1977.
- The Tremaine Collection: 20th Century Masters: The Spirit of Modernism, Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford, 1984, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 172, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 198, repro.