Burton G. [1902-1991] and Emily Hall [1908-1987] Tremaine, Madison, Connecticut; gift 1971 to NGA.
Associated NamesTremaine, Sr., Burton G., Mr. and Mrs.
- Painting Toward Architecture [The Miller Company Collection of Abstract Art], Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford, followed by a tour of 24 venues organized by the International Art Foundation, 1947-1949.
- The Responsive Eye, Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1965.
- Optic Nerve: Perceptual Art of the 1960's, Columbus (Ohio) Museum of Art, 2007, no. 65, repro.
- Bill Komodore Retrospective. Exh. cat. Mary Washington College, Fredericksburg, 1975: pl. 14 (not in the exhibition).
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 188, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 219, repro.