lower right: Sutherland 1947
Burton G. [1902-1991] and Emily Hall [1908-1987] Tremaine, Madison, Connecticut; gift 1971 to NGA.
Associated NamesTremaine, Sr., Burton G., Mr. and Mrs.
- Inaugural Exhibition, The Community Art Gallery, Santa Fe Community College, Gainesville, Florida, 1978.
- Loan for display with permanent collection, Baum Gallery of Fine Art, University of Central Arkansas, Conway, 1996-1997.
- Loan to display with permanent collection, Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford, before 1972.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 334, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 385, repro.