lower right: Walt Kuhn / 1935
The artist [1877-1949]; his estate; (Maynard Walker Gallery, New York); purchased 20 December 1960 by W. Averell [1891-1986] and Marie N. [1903-1970] Harriman, New York; W. Averell Harriman Foundation, New York; gift 1972 to NGA.
- Paintings for Paris, Museum of Modern Art, New York, November-December 1937, no. 21.
- Walt Kuhn, Marie Harriman Gallery, New York, February-March 1937, no. 4.
- Walt Kuhn, Studio House [Phillips Memorial Gallery], Washington, D.C., March-April 1937, no. 6.
- Walt Kuhn, Albany Institute of History and Art, 1958, no. 11.
- Walt Kuhn 1877-1949: A Memorial Exhibition, Cincinnati Art Museum, 1960, no. 65, repro.
- Exhibition of the Marie and Averell Harriman Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1961, unnumbered catalogue, repro. 48.
- Painter of Vision: A Retrospective Exhibition of Oils, Watercolors and Drawings by Walt Kuhn, 1877-1949, The University of Arizona Art Gallery, Tucson, 1966: no. 78, repro.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador L. Paul Bremer, U.S. Embassy residence, The Hague, The Netherlands, 1983-1987.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 190, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 223, repro.