lower left: Walt Kuhn / 1926
The artist [1877-1949]; his estate; (Maynard Walker Gallery, New York); purchased 18 December 1959 by W. Averell [1891-1986] and Marie N. [1903-1970] Harriman, New York; W. Averell Harriman Foundation; gift 1972 to NGA.
Associated NamesHarriman Foundation, W. Averell
- Exhibition of Paintings by Walt Kuhn, Marie Harriman Gallery, New York, 1930, no. 16, repro.
- Walt Kuhn, Albany Institute of History and Art, 1958, no. 1.
- Seventh Annual Exhibition, Museum of Art of Ogunquit, Maine, 1959, no. 17.
- Walt Kuhn 1877-1949: A Memorial Exhibition, Cincinnati Art Museum, 1960, no. 38, repro.
- Exhibition of the Marie and Averell Harriman Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1961, unnumbered catalogue, repro. 42.
- Painter of Vision: A Retrospective Exhibition of Oils, Watercolors and Drawings by Walt Kuhn, 1877-1949, The University of Arizona Art Gallery, Tucson, 1966: no. 49, repro.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Walter Cutler, U.S. Embassy residence, Riyadh, Saudia Arabia, 1984-1990.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Charles W. Freeman, U.S. residence, Riyadh, Saudia Arabia, 1990.
- Bird, Paul. Fifty Paintings by Walt Kuhn. New York, 1940: 2, repro.
- Adams, Philip Rhys. Walt Kuhn, Painter: His Life and Work. Columbus, OH, 1978: 104-105, 250, no. 169, pl. 48, color repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 190, repro.
- Williams, William James. A Heritage of American Paintings from the National Gallery of Art. New York, 1981: 225, repro. 227.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 222, repro.