center on the lid of the tomb: 1504 / AD (in monogram); inscribed by artist upper left: Durchtzeichet; false monogram added to the right of the inscription
(De Botten Associates, Zurich); purchased by NGA, 1972.
- NGA Recent Acquisitions 1974, no. 4.
- NGA Master Drawings 1978, p. 21.
- German Drawings from a Private Collection. The British Museum, London and tour (Washington only), hors de catalogue.
- Six Centuries/Six Artists, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1997.
- Albrecht Dürer: Master Drawings, Watercolors, and Prints from the Albertina. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2013 (exhibited hors catalogue; mentioned pp. 149, 156, under nos. 43-46, 47, repr. p. 154 in color [entry by Heinz Widauer]).
- White, Christopher. "An Oriental Ruler on His Throne and The Entombment: Two New Drawings by Albrecht Dürer." Master Drawings 11:4 (1973), 365-74.
- Strauss, Walter L. The Complete Drawings of Albrecht Dürer. 6 volumes. New York, 1974: II, no. 1504/45.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 661, no. 1039, color repro.
- Robison, Andrew. "The Drawings of Albrecht Dürer." In exh. cat. Albrecht Dürer: Master Drawings, Watercolors, and Prints from the Albertina. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2013: 35-36, repr. p. 154 (color).