(Parish-Watson Gallery, New York), by 1917; sold to Harry G. Steele [1881-1942], Pasadena; his widow, Grace C. Steele [d. 1974]; gift 1972 to NGA.
There are two gold lacquer repairs on the lip, and the foot-ring has one chip. A pontil ring appears on the base. The vessel tipped slightly during firing; as a result, the glaze on the interior has pooled to one side.
- Chinese Pottery of the Han, T'ang and Sung Dynasties; Owned and Exhibited by Parish-Watson & Co., Inc.. New York, 1917: no. 139. (Reference published incorrectly as no. 13 in NGA systematic catalogue.)
- Bower, Virginia, Josephine Hadley Knapp, Stephen Little, and Robert Wilson Torchia. Decorative Arts, Part II: Far Eastern Ceramics and Paintings; Persian and Indian Rugs and Carpets. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1998: 30-31, color repro.