(Parish-Watson Gallery, New York); sold to Harry G. Steele [1881-1942], Pasadena; his widow, Grace C. Steele [d. 1974]; gift 1972 to NGA.
A brown iron oxide coating surrounds the lip. The foot-ring is sharply trimmed, revealing a dense grayish white paste, and the base is recessed and glazed. There is a small repaired chip in the lip.
- Bower, Virginia, Josephine Hadley Knapp, Stephen Little, and Robert Wilson Torchia. Decorative Arts, Part II: Far Eastern Ceramics and Paintings; Persian and Indian Rugs and Carpets. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1998: 252-254, color repro.