probably by William Gibson, across top verso in brown ink: Anniball Carrazio .7.2.
Sir Peter Lely (1618-1680)[Lugt 2092], London; probably William Gibson (died 1703; the notation on the verso similar to those found on other drawings from his collection); (Yvonne Tan Bunzl, London, by 1973); purchased by NGA, 1975.
- Old Master Drawings and French Drawings of the 19th Century, Yvonne tan Bunzl, London, 1975, no. 5.
- Bolognese Drawings in North American Collections, National Gallery, Ottawa, 1982, no. 21 (Mimi Cazort and Catherine Johnston).
- Correggio and His Legacy, Sixteenth-Century Emilian Drawings, National Gallery, Washington and tour, 1984, no. 118 (Diane De Grazia).
- Correggio e il suo lascito, disegni del cinquecento emiliano, Palazzo della Pilotta, Parma, 1984, no. 118.
- "Notable Works of Art now on the Market," The Burlington Magazine, 115, no. 849, (December 1973): between pp. 842 and 843, plate XXV, ill.
- Bohn, Babette. "The Drawings of Ludovico Carracci," unpublished doctoral dissertation, Columbia University, 1982: 202, no. 57, and 203, under no. 58.