lower left in graphite: HOMER; lower right in black watercolor: Salt Kettle / Dec 1899; upper center verso in black crayon by unknown hand: No. 14; lower center verso in graphite: Bermuda Salt Kettle
Charles S. Homer, Jr., possibly by gift of Homer, nd. or by bequest, 1910; Mrs. Charles S. Homer, Jr., by bequest, 1917; Chales L. Homer, by bequest, 1937; (William Macbeth, Inc., New York, 1938); Charles R. Henschel, New York, 1938; Ruth K. Henschel (Mrs. Charles R. Henschel), New York, 1956; gift to NGA, 1975
Associated NamesHenschel, Charles R., Mrs.
- Pan-American Exposition, Buffalo, 1 May-1 Nov. 1901[?]
- Loan Exhibition of Paintings by Winslow Homer, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 6 Feb.-19 March 1911, no. 35
- Water Colors by Winslow Homer, The Museum of the Brooklyn Institute, 16 Oct.-7 Nov. 1915; The Century Association, New York, 9 Dec. 1915-14 Jan. 1916, no. 12 (as Bermuda Sketch)
- Exposition d'Art Américaine: John S. Sargent, R.A. Dodge MacKnight, Winslow Homer, Paul Manship, Association Franco-Américaine d'Expositions de Painture et de Sculpture, Paris, 18 May-25 June 1923, no. 27
- Winslow Homer, Carnegie Institute, Pittsburgh, 9 Sept.-26 Oct. 1923, no. 25
- Homer, Pennsylvania Museum of Art, Philadelphia, 2 May-8 June 1936, no. 49
- Winslow Homer 1836-1910: Loan Exhibtion of Watercolors Commemorating the Centenary of his Birth, M. Knoedler & Co., New York, 20 Jan.-8 Feb. 1936, no. 25
- Century Exhibition of Works of Winslow Homer, Carnegie Institute, Pittsburgh, 28 Jan.-7 Mar. 1937, no. 84
- Watercolors and Drawings by Winslow Homer, Institute of Modern Art, Boston, 21 June-15 July 1941, no. wc-14
- Watercolors by Winslow Homer from the Collection of Mrs. Charles R. Henschel, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 6 July-12 Sept. 1962, no. 14
- Watercolors by Winslow Homer, 1837-1910, Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo, 7 July-28 Aug. 1966, no. 41
- Winslow Homer Watercolors, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC; Amon Carter Museum, Fort Worth, 1986, no. 205
- Winslow Homer, National Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1995-1996, 350-351, no. 217.
- Winslow Homer in the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2005-2006, unnumbered brochure.
- Cooper 1986, fig.205.
- Winslow Homer. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1995-1996: no. 217.
- Unger, Miles. The Watercolors of Winslow Homer. New York, 2001: 182-183.
- Tedeschi, Martha with Kristi Dahm. Watercolors by Winslow Homer: The Color of Light, Art Institute of Chicago, 2008: 158, fig. 24.
- Goodrich, Lloyd and Abigail Booth Gerdts. Record of Works by Winslow Homer. New York, 2014: V, no. 1688, p. 292.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: