lower right: Tobey / '44
Dan Johnson and Marion Willard, New York, 1945; purchased by the National Gallery of Art.
Associated NamesWillard Gallery, Inc.
- Contemporary American Prints & Drawings, 1940-1980, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1981
- Mark Tobey: City Paintings
- A Century of Drawing, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001-2002, no. 75.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 248, repro.
- Williams, William James. A Heritage of American Paintings from the National Gallery of Art. New York, 1981: repro. 238, 240, 241.
- Kuh, Katharine. The Artist's Voice: Talks with Seventeen Modern Artists. New York, 1990: 241, no. 113.
- Westgeest, Helen. Zen in the Fifties: Interaction in Art Between East and West. Amsterdam, 1996, 48, 50, no. 27
- A Century of Drawing. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001-2002: no. 75.