lower right in graphite: Rauschenberg AP XII 67; lower left verso in graphite by unknown hand: RR67-106
Marks and Labels
embossed lower right: © [Gemini G.E.L.]; stamped lower left verso in gray ink: Gemini G.E.L. / Los Angeles, Calif.
Dr. and Mrs. Maclyn E. Wade, Beverly Hills, California; acquired 1978 by the National Gallery of Art
Associated NamesWade, Maclyn E., Dr. and Mrs.
- Contemporary American Prints and Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; University of Iowa Art Museum, Iowa City, 1981.
- Graphic Survey Show, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1983.
- Gemini G.E.L.: Art and Collaboration, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Seattle Art Museum, Washington; Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City, Missouri; Terra Museum of American Art, Evanston, Illinois; Los Angeles County Museum of Art, California; National Museum of Art, Osaka, Japan; Yonago City Museum, Japan; Machida City Museum of Graphics Art, Japan, 1984-1989, pp. 48-49, no. 4.
- Best Impressions: 35 Years of Prints and Sculpture from Gemini G.E.L., National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2001-2002.
- Let the World In: Prints by Robert Rauschenberg from the National Gallery of Art and Related Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2007-2008.
- Face Value: Portraiture in the Age of Abstraction, National Portrait Gallery, Washington, D.C., 2014, no. 9.
- Three Centuries of American Prints: from the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; National Gallery, Prague, Czech Republic; Antiguo Colegio de San Ildefonso, Mexico City; Dallas Museum of Art, Texas, 2016-2017, no. 125.
- Gemini G.E.L. Sequence List. Los Angeles, California: Gemini G.E.L., unpublished, no. 32.
- Foster, Edward A. Robert Rauschenberg: Prints 1948/1970. Minnesota: Minneapolis Institute of Arts, 1970, no. 47.
- Ritchie, Charles. Gemini G.E.L. Online Catalogue Raisonné. Washington, D.C.: National Gallery of Art, 2011, no. 41.9. http://www.nga.gov/gemini