lower left in graphite: X
Marks and Labels
stamped verso in black ink: LJR / National Gallery of Art
Lessing J. Rosenwald, Jenkintown, PA; acquired 1943 by the National Gallery of Art
- Color Etchings and Aquatints by Mary Cassatt, Ogunquit Museum, ME, 1958.
- Prints and Drawings by Mary Cassatt, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1963.
- Mother and Child, Winnipeg Art Gallery, 1967.
- Mary Cassatt, 1844-1926, Newport Harbour Art Museum, RI; Santa Barbara Museum, CA, 1973-1974.
- Impressionist and Post-Impressionist Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art, The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; The National Art Center, Tokyo; Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art, Kyoto, 2011, unnumbered catalogue (shown only in Tokyo and Kyoto).
- Breeskin, Adelyn, and Donald H. Karshan. The Graphic Art of Mary Cassatt. New York, Museum of Graphic Art, 1967, p. 26, no. 51.
- Breeskin, Adelyn Dohme. Mary Cassatt: A Catalogue Raisonné of the Graphic Work. Washington, DC: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1979, no. 143, x/xi.
- Mathews, Nancy Mowll, and Barbara Stern Shapiro. Mary Cassatt: The Color Prints. New York: Harry N. Abrams, 1989, no. 5, xvi/xvii.
- Jones, Kimberly A. Impressionist and Post-Impressionist Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: National Gallery of Art, 2010.