- The Renaissance Nude, The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles; Royal Academy of Fine Arts, London, 2018-2019.
- Hind, Arthur M. Early Italian Engraving; a critical catalogue with complete reproductions of all the prints described. 7 vols. London: Bernard Quaritch Ltd., 1938-1948.
- Levenson et al. 1973, no.13 (a).
- Langdale, Shelley. Battle of the Nudes: Pollaiuolo's Renaissance Masterpiece. Exh.cat. The Cleveland Museum of Art, 2002, no. 8
- Simons, Patricia. "Mantegna's Battle of the Sea Gods: The material and thematic interaction between print and sculpture." InPrints in Translation, 1450-1750: Image, Materiality, Space, edited by Suzanne Karr Schmidt and Edward H. Wouk. Oxon and New York, 2017: 89-113, fig. 6.2.