by Doris Bry, on mount: lower left, in graphite: Treated by Steichen--6/50; lower left verso: OK-25A
by later hand, center verso, in graphite: RA
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1980.
- Bry 1958, no. 42.
- The Art of Photography, 1839-1989, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, 1989; Royal Academy, London, 1989.
- Modern Art and America: Alfred Stieglitz and His New York Galleries, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001, no. 116, as Georgia O'Keeffe: A Portrait -- Neck.
- Rodin and America: Influence and Adaptation, 1876-1936, Iris & B. Gerald Cantor Center for Visual Arts, Stanford University, 2011-2012, unnumbered catalogue.
- Peters, Sarah Whitaker. Becoming O'Keeffe: The Early Years (New York, 1991), pl. 77.
- Modern Art and America: Alfred Stieglitz and His New York Galleries Exh. cat., National Gallery of Art (Washington, 2001), no. 116.
- Greenough 2002, cat. 675.