lower left: Boudin 5[8?]; lower right: Hon[fl]eur
Private collection, Bordeaux. (Galerie Schmit, Paris). (Bernheim, Paris); sold 1959 to (Wildenstein and Co., London, New York and Paris); sold 1959 to Paul Mellon [1907-1999], Upperville, VIrginia; gift 1983 to NGA.
- French Paintings from the Collections of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon and Mrs. Mellon Bruce, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1966, no. 9, repro.
- Manet and Modern Paris, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1982, no. 95, repro.
- Paintings by Eugène Boudin from the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1989, no cat.
- Manet and the Sea, Art Institute of Chicago; Philadelphia Museum of Art; Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam, 2003-2004, unnumbered catalogue, pl. 82.
- Eugène Boudin at the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2007, no cat.
- Eugène Boudin, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, 2007-2008, no cat.
- Loan to display with permanent collection, Academy Art Museum, Easton, Maryland, 2009-2010, no catalogue.
- Impressionist and Post-Impressionist Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art, The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; The National Art Center, Tokyo; Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art, 2011, not in catalogue (shown only in Tokyo and Kyoto).
- Eugène Boudin, Musée Jacquemart-André, Paris, 2013, no. 4, repro.
- Intimate Impressionism from the National Gallery of Art, Museo dell'Ara Pacis Augustae, Rome (exhibition title in this venue: Impressionist Gems); California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco; McNay Art Museum, San Antonio; Mitsubishi Ichigokan Museum, Tokyo, Seattle Art Museum, 2013-2016.
- Goldwater, Robert. "The Glory that was France." Art News 65 (March 1966): 40, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 63, repro.