in unknown hand, lower left in brown ink: C le Brun; lower right: 92
Julius Held, Williamstown, MA, by 1970; purchased by NGA, 1984.
- Selections from the Drawing Collection of Mr. and Mrs. Julius S. Held, University Art Gallery, Binghamton; traveling exhibition, 1970, no. 63 (as Charles Le Brun).
- French Master Drawings of the 17th and 18th Centuries in North American Collections. Art Gallery of Ontario, Toronto; California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco; and New York Cultural Center. London, 1972, no. 76 (as Le Brun)(Pierre Rosenberg).
- The Search for Alexander, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston,, 1981-82, supplement II to catalogue, no. 37 (as Le Brun).
- Renaissance to Revolution: French Drawings from the National Gallery of Art, 1500-1800. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2009, 70-71, 278, no. 26 (color).
- Vitzthum, Walter. "Drawings from the Collection of Julius Held." The Burlington Magazine 112, no. 809 (August 1970): 554 (as Le Brun).
- Beauvais, Lydia. Musée du Louvre, Département des Arts graphiques. Inventaire général des dessins: École francaise, Charles Le Brun, 1619-1690. 2 vols. Paris, 2000, 2: 490, under no. 1792.