insrcibed in pen and brown ink, apparently by th artist, in the right margin "No 4 [changed from 3] ;a icoronasion/della madonna/N qualo val' L/No 28 [changed from 33]" and in the left margin "No. 32"; in another hand "f2/00"
Dr. Ludwig Pollak [1868-1943] (Lugt 788b), Rome; Julius S. Held [1905-2002], Old Bennington, VT; purchased by NGA, 1984.
- Selections from the Drawing Collection of Mr. and Mrs. Julius S. Held, University Art Gallery, Binghamton; traveling exhibition, 1970, no. 133 (as Bartolomeo Tarsia).
- The Poetry of Light - La poesia della luce: Venetian Drawings from the National Gallery of Art, Museo Correr, Venice, Venice, 2014 - 2015, no. 112.
- Selections from the Drawing Collection of Mr. and Mrs. Julius S. Held. Exh. cat. University Art Gallery, Binghamton, 1970: 26.
- Pignatti, Terisio. Venetian Drawings from American Collections. Washington, 1974: 29, 52 (as Bartolomeo Tarsia).
- Piai, Andrea. "Nuovi bozzetti e disegni attribuiti a Fabio e Giambattista Canal." Bulletin de l'association des historiens de l'Art italien 14 (2008), Paris, 2009: 134, fig. 12.