lower left in black ink: Winslow Homer 1885; upper left verso in graphite by unknown hand: 389/13 Santiago; upper center in graphite by unknown hand: E; upper right verso in graphite by unknown hand: 125 (crossed out); center verso in graphite by unknown hand: c.2363; center verso in blue colored pencil by unknown hand: 27 (circled); lower left in graphite by unknown hand: Town in Bermuda Island; lower left in black ink by unknown hand on stickery: 1256 OEE / 10 3/4 x 19 3/4
Charles S. Homer, Jr., by bequest, 1910; Mrs. Charles S. Homer, Jr., by bequest, 1917; Arthur P. and Charles L. Homer, by bequest, 1937; (Milch Galleries, New York, 1956); Mr. and Mrs. Solton Engel, New York, 1956; Julia Engel, wife, by bequest, New York; gift to NGA, 1984
- Water-Color Views by Winslow Homer, Reichard & Co., New York, [c. 18-c. 31] Dec. 1885, no. 39 (as Cathedral)
- Winslow Homer and Walter Gay, Doll & Richards, Boston, 19 Feb.-3 March 1886, no. 29 (as Cathedral)
- [Bahama, Bermuda, Florida watercolors], M. Knoedler & Co., New York, Feb. 1911 (as Town in Bermuda Islands) [?]
- [watercolors], Doll & Richards, Boston, Oct. 1912 (as Town in Cuba - Quanternode)
- Century Loan Exhibition as a Memorial to Winslow Homer, Prouts Neck Association, Prouts Neck, Maine, 1936.
- Century Loan Exhibition as a Memorial to Winslow Homer, Prout's Neck (Maine) Association, 18 July-2 Aug. 1936, no. 36 (as Town in Bermuda)
- Behn-Moore Gallery, Cambridge, Massachusetts, Sept.-Oct. 1953 (as Town in Cuba)
- Winslow Homer: A Retrospective Exhibition, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 23 Nov. 1958-4 Jan. 1959; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 29 Jan.-8 March 1959; no. 123 (as Santiago de Cuba)
- Watercolors by Winslow Homer: The Color of Light, The Art Institute of Chicago, illinois, 16 Feb 2008 - 11 May 2008.
- Prouts Neck Association. Century Loan Exhibiton as a Memorial to Winslow Homer. Prouts Neck, Maine : [Prouts Neck Association], 1936, no. 36
- NGA Homer 1958, 123.
- Cooper 1986, p.146, fig.138.
- Tedeschi, Martha with Kristi Dahm. Watercolors by Winslow Homer: The Color of Light, Art Institute of Chicago, 2008: 176, fig. 7
- Goodrich, Lloyd and Abigail Booth Gerdts. Record of Works by Winslow Homer. New York, 2012: IV.1, no. 1297, p. 360-361
- Sort by:
- Results layout: