recto: in graphite, in later hand, along bottom: D30 D30 / K827 Au Louvre: Musée des Antiques 207 A53; verso: in graphite, in later hand, at lower center: S [circled] / G; in graphite, in later hand, at lower right: HCO
Marks and Labels
recto: none; verso: at lower right, stamped in red: ATELIER / ED. DEGAS (Lugt 657); at lower left, stamped in black: George M. La Monte (Lugt L.1181c)
Edgar Degas, Paris (Lugt 657). George M. La Monte (1873-1927), Bound Brook, NJ [Lugt L.1181c]
- Master Prints from the Rosenwald Collection, circulated by the American Federation of Arts to 11 venues (California Legion of Honor, San Francisco, CA; Henry Art Gallery at the University of Washington, Seattle, WA; Museum of Cranbrook Academy of Art, Bloomfield Hills, MI; Grand Rapids Art Gallery, Grand Rapids, MI; The J.B. Speed Art Museum, Louisville, KY; Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA; Museum of Art at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI; Springfield Art Museum, Springfield, MO; Norton Gallery and School of Art, West Palm Beach, FL; Watkins Institute, Nashville, TN; and Memphis Academy of Art, Memphis, TN), 1950-1952, no cat.
- Edgar Degas, Marion Koogler McNay Art Institute, San Antonio, TX, 1955, no cat.
- Loan exhibition of Degas for the benefit of the Citizen's Committee for Children of New York, Inc., Wildenstein and Co., New York, 1960, no. 119.
- L'Incisione Europea dal XV al XX Secolo, Galleria Civica d'Arte Moderna, Turin, Italy, 1968. no. 262, repro.
- An Impressionist View on Paper - from the Lessing Rosenwald Collection of the National Gallery, Washington, D.C, Art Gallery at the University of Notre Dame, 1971, no. 15.
- Prints by James McNeill Whistler and His Contemporaries, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995, as Mary Cassatt at the Louvre: The Etruscan Gallery.
- The Unfinished Print, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001, repro.
- The Unfinished Print, The Frick Collection, New York; Städelsches Kunstinstitut, Frankfurt am Main, 2004-2005.
- Degas/Cassatt, NGA, 2014, no.
- Delteil, Loys. Le peintre-graveur illustre. 31 vols. Paris: Published by the author, 1906-1926. Reprint. New York: Collectors Editions, Da Capo Press, 1969. Vol. 30 (Albert Besnard) is by Louis Godefroy.
- Reed/Shapiro 1984, no. 51, state ix/ix
- Sort by:
- Results layout: