bottom, in plate: AD [artist's monogram]; verso, upper left, in graphite by a later hand: 206; center, in brown ink by a later hand: 209; lower left center, in graphite by a later hand: B.28 D.10; lower left, in graphite by a later hand: J.4940 / K.906V; bottom left, in graphite by a later hand: B-6489 [upside down]
Bernhard Hausmann [1784-1873], Hanover (Lugt 377); (Richard H. Zinser, Forest Hills, NY); purchased by Lessing J. Rosenwald [1891-1979], 1940; gift to NGA, 1943.
- Goethe as a Print Lover: to Celebrate the Bicentennial of his Birth, Philadelphia Museum of Art, PA, 1949, no catalogue.
- Nuremberg and the German World, 1460-1530: Prints and books from the Kress and Rosenwald Collections, NGA, 1953.
- Miniatures and Prints from the Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection, NGA, 1955.
- Selected 15th Century Prints from the Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection, National Gallery of Art, Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA, 1965, no. 56.
- Albrecht Dürer: The Early Graphic Works, Princeton University Art Museum, NJ, 1971, no. 51.
- Religion and Politics: The Renaissance Print in Social Context, Marsh Art Gallery, Richmond, 1999, no. 13.
- Sharing Images: Renaissance Prints into Maiolica and Bronze, cat. by Jamie Gabbarelli, NGA, 2018, plate 45, repro.
- Meder, Joseph. Dürer-Katalog; ein Handbuch über Albrecht Dürers Stiche, Radierungen, Holzschnitte, deren Zustände, Ausgaben und Wasserzeichen. Vienna: Verlag Gilhofer und Ranschburg, 1932. Reprint. New York: Da Capo Press, 1971.
- Taggard, Mindy Nancarrow. Murillo's Allegories of Salvation and Triumph: The Parable of the Prodigal Son and The Life of Jacob. Columbia, Missouri and London, 1992: p. 58.
- Johnson, Charles. Religion & Politics: The Renaissance Print in Social Context. Exh. cat. Marsh Art Gallery, University of Richmond, 1999: no.13; illus., p.25.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: