lower center reverse: MARK ROTHKO
The artist [1903-1970]; his estate; consigned 1970 to (Marlborough Gallery, Inc., New York); transferred 1977 back to the artist's estate; transferred 1979 to The Mark Rothko Foundation, Inc., New York; gift 1986 to NGA.
Associated NamesRothko Foundation, Inc., Mark, The
- Mark Rothko: Subjects, High Museum of Art, Atlanta, 1983-1984, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Richard Stone, U.S. Embassy residence, Copenhagen, Denmark, 1992-1993.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Robert Rubin, U.S. Department of Treasury, Washington, D.C., 1995-1996.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 280, repro.
- Anfam, David. Mark Rothko: The Works on Canvas: Catalogue Raisonné. New Haven and London, 1998: no. 56, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: