center left reverse: MARK ROTHKO
The artist [1903-1970]; his estate; consigned 1970 to (Marlborough Gallery, Inc., New York); transferred 1977 back to the artist's estate; transferred 1979 to The Mark Rothko Foundation, Inc., New York; gift 1986 to NGA.
Associated NamesRothko Foundation, Inc., Mark, The
- Group Exhibition: American Moderns, Uptown Gallery, Continental Club, New York, 1934, checklist no. 33, as by Marcus Rothkowitz.
- Mark Rothko and the Lure of the Figure: Paintings 1933-1946, University of Michigan Museum of Art, Ann Arbor, 2000-2001, no. 2, repro.
- Godsoe, Robert Ulrich. "The Art Marts." Whitestone Herald (1934): 5, repro.
- Chave, Anna C. Mark Rothko: Subjects in Abstraction. New Haven, 1989: 47, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 278, repro.
- Anfam, David. Mark Rothko: The Works on Canvas: Catalogue Raisonné. New Haven and London, 1998: no. 55, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: