center left reverse, sideways: MARK ROTHKO
The artist [1903-1970]; his estate; consigned 1970 to (Marlborough Gallery, Inc., New York); transferred 1977 back to the artist's estate; transferred 1979 to The Mark Rothko Foundation, Inc., New York; gift 1986 to NGA.
Associated NamesRothko Foundation, Inc., Mark, The
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Lynn Martin, U.S. Department of Labor, Washington, D.C., 1991-1993.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Robert Reich, U.S. Department of Labor, Washington, D.C., 1993-1994.
- Mark Rothko: The Spirit of Myth, Early Paintings from the 1930s and 1940s (NGA National Lending Service exhibition), The Arkansas Arts Center, Little Rock, 1998.
- Mark Rothko and the Lure of the Figure: Paintings 1933-1946, University of Michigan Museum of Art, Ann Arbor, 2000-2001, no. 7, repro.
- Malamud, Bernard, Diane Waldman, and Claire Zamoiski. Mark Rothko, 1903-1970: A Retrospective. Exh. cat. Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, 1978: 21, repro.
- Fujieda, Teruo. "Special Feature: Mark Rothko." Mizue 888 (March 1979): 46, repro.
- Grunenberg, Christoph. Mark Rothko. Washington, D.C., 1991: 6, fig. 3.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 290, repro.
- Anfam, David. Mark Rothko: The Works on Canvas: Catalogue Raisonné. New Haven and London, 1998: no. 108, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: