Jacques Doucet [1853-1929], Paris (his sale, Paris, Galerie Georges Petit, 5-8 June 1912, 91); William H. Schab Gallery, Inc., New York, by 1969; purchased by Ian Woodner, New York, by 1973; gift to NGA, 1986.
- Woodner Collection II: Old Master Drawings from the XV to the XVIII Century, William H. Schab Gallery, New York and tour, 1973-74, no. 104.
- The Touch of the Artist: Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995-1996, no. 86.
- Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2006 - 2007.
- The Woodner Collections: Master Drawings from Seven Centuries, NGA, 2017.
- Neil Jeffares, "Léon-Pascal Glain." Dictionary of pastellists before 1800. London, 2006; online edition [http://www.pastellists.com/Articles/Glain.pdf], accessed 6 July 2018: no. J.351.227, as Glain.
- Vaillat, Léandre and Paul Ratouis de Limay. J.-B. Perronneau (1715-1783): Sa Vie et Son Oeuvre. Paris, 1923: 199, no. 90.
- A Collection of Fifty Master Drawings from the Fifteenth to Twentieth Centuries, William H. Schab Gallery, New York : 49, no. 28, reproduced in color.
- Burns, Thea, and Phiippe Saunier. The Art of the Pastel. New York, 2015: 89 and 376, note 35, as "may possibly be attributed to Léon-Pascal Glain or PIerre Bernard. Jeffares, written communication."