Marks and Labels
printed lower center verso in black ink on adhered aluminum label: Kelly Dark Red-Violet Panel National / Gallery / © Ellsworth Kelly 1982 Published by Gemini G.E.L. [Gemini G.E.L.] 8365 Melrose Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90069 EK81-2069
Mr. and Mrs. Roger P. Sonnabend, Boston, Massachusetts; acquired 1986 by the National Gallery of Art
Associated NamesSonnabend, Roger, Mr. and Mrs.
- Gemini G.E.L.: Art and Collaboration, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Seattle Art Museum, Washington; Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City, Missouri; Terra Museum of American Art, Evanston, Illinois; Los Angeles County Museum of Art, California; National Museum of Art, Osaka, Japan; Yonago City Museum, Japan; Machida City Museum of Graphics Art, Japan, 1984-1989, no. 55.
- Extended loan for use by President Barack Obama, The White House, Washington, D.C., 2009.
- The Serial Impulse at Gemini G.E.L., National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Los Angeles County Museum of Art, California, 2015-2017.
- Gemini G.E.L. Sequence List. Los Angeles, California: Gemini G.E.L., unpublished, no. 986.
- Ritchie, Charles. Gemini G.E.L. Online Catalogue Raisonné. Washington, D.C.: National Gallery of Art, 2011, no. 28.109. http://www.nga.gov/gemini
- Sort by:
- Results layout: