lower center in watercolor: Girtin
Samuel William Reynolds (1773-1835); Elizabeth Weddell (1749-1831); by inheritance to her nephew, Sir John Charles Ramsden; Charles Russell; Miss K. G. Robinson (sale, Sotheby's, London, 21 November 1985, no. 97); (Leger Galleries, London); purchased 1987 by NGA.
- The Artist's Vision: Romantic Traditions in Great Britain, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2006 - 2007
- Sotheby's, London, 11/21/85: no.97.
- Leger Galleries: 11/19-12/24/1986. no.9.
- Sotheby's, Art at Auction, 1985-1986, p.48.
- Leger Galleries, British Landscape Painting, 3/4-4/3/92: fig. 50 (as The River Taw, looking towards Appledore.
- Thomas Girtin: The Art of Watercolour. Exh. cat. Tate Britain, London, 2002: 257-258 (fig. 48 and 50 are incorrectly labeled; fig. 50 is by Girtin and belongs to the National Gallery of Art).