by later hand, center in graphite: Nr 20 / 20 Imp Mat; by later hand, lower right verso in pen and brown ink: by Madox Brown
Artist's sale at T.G. Wharton, 1894; Frederic Shields; Ernestine Mills by 1929; (The Leicester Galleries); (Durlacher Brothers); William B. O'Neal [1907-1994], Charlottesville, VA, 1964; gift to NGA, 1987.
- Paintings and Drawings of the 1860 Period, Tate Gallery, London, 1923, recto only.
- The Victorian Romantics, The Leicester Galleries, London, 1949, recto only.
- La Bella Mano: Pre-Raphaelite Paintings and Decorative Arts, The Virginia Museum, Richmond, 1982, no. 29, recto only.
- The English Avant-Garde of the 1880s: Aesthetes, Rebels, and Feminists, University of Virginia Library, Charlottesville, 1985, recto only.
- Drawings from the O'Neal Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1993, no. 49, as Study of the Virgin Mary from "The Ascension", recto only.
- Drawings from the O'Neal Collection, Georgia Museum of Art, The University of Georgia, Athens, 4 May-16 June, 1996, recto only.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: