lower left in graphite: NGA While the Earth Revolves at Night; lower right in graphite: James Rosenquist 1982; lower left verso in graphite by unknown hand: JR82-304
Marks and Labels
embossed lower right: © [Gemini G.E.L.]; stamped lower left verso in gray ink: © Gemini G.E.L., Los Angeles
Gemini G.E.L., Los Angeles, California; acquired 1988 by the National Gallery of Art
- Graphic Survey Show, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1988-1989.
- Gemini G.E.L.: American Master Prints, Glasgow Print Studio, Scotland, 1990.
- Master Prints from Gemini G.E.L., National Lending Service, Telfair Academy of Arts and Sciences, Savannah, Georgia; Cedar Rapids Museum of Art, Iowa; Midland Center for the Arts, Texas; Diggs Gallery, Winston-Salem, North Carolina; Maier Museum of Art, Randolph College, Lynchburg, Virginia; Wichita Art Museum, Kansas; Art Institute for the Permian Basin, Odessa, Texas; Ringling School of Art and Design, Sarasota, Florida; Newcomb Art Gallery, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana; Augustana College Art Gallery, Rock Island, Illinois; St. John’s Museum of Art, Wilmington, North Carolina, 1992-1997
- Best Impressions: 35 Years of Prints and Sculpture from Gemini G.E.L., National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2001-2002.
- The Serial Impulse at Gemini G.E.L., National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Los Angeles County Museum of Art, California, 2015-2017
- Gemini G.E.L. Sequence List. Los Angeles, California: Gemini G.E.L., unpublished, no. 1022.
- Glenn, Constance. Time Dust, James Rosenquist: Complete Graphics, 1962-1992. New York: Rizzoli, 1993, no. 195.
- Ritchie, Charles. Gemini G.E.L. Online Catalogue Raisonné. Washington, D.C.: National Gallery of Art, 2011, no. 43.14. http://www.nga.gov/gemini