center verso: Evans estate stamp with inventory number VI-122 added in graphite; by later hand(?), center left verso in graphite: 832 / 5 + 1 / [2?]5
Dr. and Mrs. Kent Minichiello, Washington, DC; purchased with funds donated from John Wilmerding by NGA, 1989.
Associated NamesMinichiello, Kent, Dr. and Mrs.
- Art Institute of Chicago, 1989.
- Walker Evans: Subway Portraits and Other Recent Acquisitions, National Gallery of Art, Washington; Addison Gallery of American Art, Andover, 1991-1992.
- "Cruel and Tender: The Real in the Twentieth Century Photograph", Tate Modern, London; Museum Ludwig, Cologne, 2003-2004.
- Many Are Called. Boston, 1966: p. 123.
- Walker Evans: First and Last. New York, 1978: p. 134 (above).
- Greenough 1991, pl. 21.