From an 18th century album of French drawings that was dismantled in the early 1950s; (P & D Colnaghi, London), 1953. Hardy Amis, London. (sale, Sotheby Parke-Bernet, London, 8 December 1972, no. 7 as by Louis de Boullogne the Younger); Bailey. (Sale, Sotheby's, London, 6 July 1987, no. 7, as by Boullogne). W.M. Brady & Co., New York. Lois and Georges de Ménil; gift 1989 to NGA.
Associated NamesBrady & Co., Inc., W.M.
- Old Master Drawings. P. & D. Colnaghi. London, 1957, no. 31.
- Master Drawings, 1700-1890. W. M. Brady. New York, 1989, no. 1 (as Antoine Coypel).
- Art for the Nation: Gifts in Honor of the 50th Anniversary of the National Gallery of Art. National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1991, 82-83 (color)(as Antoine Coypel)(entry by Margaret Morgan Grasselli).
- Renaissance to Revolution: French Drawings from the National Gallery of Art, 1500-1800. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2009, 88-89. 279, no. 35 (color) (as Antoine Coypel).
- Whiteley, Jon. Ashmolean Museum, Osford: Catalogue of the Collection of Drawings, Volume 7, French School. 2 vols. Oxford, 2000, 1: 115, under no. 339 (as Antoine Coypel).
- Grasselli, Margaret Morgan. "The Attribution of the Fauns: Restoring a Group of Trois-crayons Drawings to Louis de Boullogne the Younger." Master Drawings 51 (Winter 2013): 471-480, fig. 1 (color).